Clean office windows are more than just about aesthetic appeal; they play a pivotal role in creating the right impression for any business and can even impact employee productivity. Just like windows are the eyes of a home, windows are the eyes of a business. The cleanliness of your windows reflects professionalism and attention to detail. Window cleaning is important, but what exactly goes into keeping these windows pristine, and why should businesses invest in office window cleaning services?
Benefits of Clean Windows in Business
First, let’s get into why clean windows matter for your business. According to the New York Botanical Gardens, dirty windows can block up to 50% of the natural light coming through a window. The reduced light can wreak havoc on your office plants but also reduce productivity and workflow for your employees. The right lighting in any space, but especially in an office, has been shown to reduce depression and increase mood, alertness, concentration, and more, a Business.com article shows.
Natural light streaming through spotless windows not only enhances the mood and productivity of your employees but also gives your clients a clear view of your business values. Clean windows showcase a well-maintained and cared-for environment. Also, regular cleaning helps prolong the life of your windows by removing potentially harmful contaminants.
How To Clean Commercial Windows — Industry Tips
Office building window cleaning isn’t as simple a task as it seems. It takes more than a simple spray and a rag to clean big commercial windows. But if you’re up for the challenge yourself, here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Preparation: Remove any dirt or debris from the windowsills and frames. It’s true for house windows, according to Good Housekeeping, and the same is true for large office windows. A simple dusting with a rag or large duster can work to remove surface debris.
- Choosing the Right Cleaner: Commercial-grade window cleaners are recommended, as they are specifically formulated to deal with the kind of grime that builds up on office windows. However, you may only be able to get your hands on store-bought cleaners. Do research to find the right cleaner for you.
- Washing: Use a sponge or squeegee to apply the cleaner, starting from the top and working your way down.
- Drying: There’s nothing worse than a streaky window! Dry the windows using a clean, lint-free cloth or a squeegee to prevent streaks. An industry trick is to clean windows on a cloudy day, as direct sunlight can dry the solution too quickly, leaving streaks.
How Often to Clean Commercial Windows
The frequency of office window cleaning can vary based on the location of your building and the level of exposure to elements. If your windows start to lose their appeal, it may be time for a washing. For maintenance, routinely check for any signs of damage or wear and tear, such as cracks or chips, and address them promptly.
Hiring a Commercial Window Cleaning Company
While in-house cleaning is possible, hiring a professional office window cleaning company can be an easier, time-saving option. Here are just a few benefits of hiring a professional for commercial window cleaning:
- Height and Accessibility: For high-rise buildings or windows in hard-to-reach areas, it’s safer and more efficient to hire professionals.
- Quality of Cleaning: Professional cleaners have the expertise, equipment, and solutions to ensure a thorough job.
- Time and Resource Management: Outsourcing this task allows your staff to focus on their core responsibilities.
Get a Streak-Free Shine With Enviro-Master Services
Our commercial window cleaning services are designed to offer a hassle-free, efficient, and high-quality cleaning solution. Using only the best in industry practices and professional equipment, we make sure your office windows sparkle and stay clean for longer than a DIY cleaning. Here’s how our RPM Window Service works and what sets us apart:
- Restore: A one-time-only treatment, we remove oxidation, lime scale, and other atmospheric damage with industrial-strength cleaners.
- Protect: It’s important to protect your windows against the harsh outdoor environment. To preserve your glass’s integrity, our team applies a specialized bonding agent that acts as a glass shield to fill in micropores and cracks and seal out dirt. We’ll do this twice per year for you.
- Maintain: To keep your windows always looking their best, we recommend a professional window cleaning one to two times per month. Our window washing portion of our RPM Window Service is a frequent cleaning to remove any build-up and debris.
Enviro-Master’s commercial window cleaning services can elevate the appearance of your office building. Submit a form or call 1-833-GERMPRO (1-833-437-6776) to get your windows sparkling.